On this page, you’ll find links to register to vote, view your sample ballot, find your polling location, and answers to frequently asked questionsPara español, haga clic aquí. 

If you have issues with your identification at the polls, please call 913-490-4106.

If you have problems registering to vote or voting or have additional questions, please call the national, non-partisan Election Protection Hotline:

  • English: 1-866-OUR-VOTE (1-866-687-8683)
  • Spanish: 1-888-VE-Y-VOTA (1-888-839-8682)
  • Arabic:  1-844-YALLA-US (1-844-925-5287)
  • Bengali, Cantonese, Hindi, Urdu, Korean, Mandarin, Tagalog, or Vietnamese: 1-888-274-8683 

Please Note: ACLU of Kansas staff, board, and volunteers are not election officials, nor do they hold themselves out as such.

Kansas Votes
Register to
vote and vote
by mail.
Voter View

Find your
polling place,
view a sample
ballot, or track
your ballot. 

State of Kansas Secretary of State... Hand putting ballot into box
Get the latest
voting information
and election
Share with us what you’re fighting for with your vote
Sign up to show
up with us.


Can I vote in Kansas?

You can register and vote in Kansas if you meet all of the following qualifications:

  • You are a United States citizen.
  • You are a resident of the state of Kansas.
  • You are at least 18 years of age.

How do I register to vote?

You can register in three ways. Regardless of the method, you will be able to vote in all elections. The three different ways are (pick JUST one):

  • Use the federal voter registration form: Register online at www.ksvotes.org or print and mail to the address listed on the form at www.eac.gov/voters/nationalmail-voter-registration-form. Citizens using the federal voter registration form do not need to submit a birth certificate, passport, or similar “proof of citizenship” document.
  • At the motor vehicle office while applying for a new driver’s license or renewing an existing driver’s license. Citizens registering at the motor vehicle office do not need to submit a birth certificate, passport, or similar “proof of citizenship” document.
  • Use the state voter registration form, which can be filled out online at https://sos.kansas.gov/elections/registrationvoting or in person at your local election authority.

What is the voter registration deadline?

In order to vote in and election, you must have submitted your registration 20 days before the election.  

What if I've moved? 

You must update your voter registration every time you move. You can do this online as outlined above in the “How do I register to vote in Kansas?” section or by contacting your local election authority.

How do I know that I am registered?

You should receive a notice in the mail confirming your registration. You may check online at ksvotes.org or contact your local election authority to confirm your registration.


Can I vote before Election Day?

Yes! Any registered voter can vote in advance of the election. You have two options:

Do I need to show photo identification in order to vote?

Yes. When voting in person, you must show government-issued photo identification. Acceptable forms of documentation include:

  • A driver’s license or identification card issued by Kansas, another state, or an Indian tribe.
  • A concealed carry of handgun or weapon license issued by Kansas or by another state.
  • A United States passport.
  • An employee badge or ID document issued by a city, county, state, or federal government office.
  • A military identification document issued by the United States.
  • A student identification card issued by an accredited postsecondary institution of education in Kansas.
  • A public assistance identification card issued by a city, county, state, or federal government office.

Where do I vote?

Check with your local election office or visit the Kansas Secretary of State's website to find your polling place. Due to COVID-19, please follow CDC guidelines and reach out to your local election office for location-specific guidance.


What if I have problems at the polls?

If you are not on the voter list, first ask a poll worker to check the list again and to confirm that you are at the right polling place for your address. If you are at the right polling place, but your name is not on the voter list, ask for a provisional ballot. If you are at the wrong polling place, ask for help finding the right one. If someone tries to harass or intimidate you, tell a poll worker right away. If you’re unable to resolve the problem by speaking with a poll worker, call the Election Protection hotline at 1-866-OUR-VOTE.


Can I still vote if I have been convicted of a crime?

Yes. If you were convicted of a misdemeanor, you can vote.

If you’re awaiting trial on a felony charge, you can vote.

If you were convicted of a felony, you can vote once you complete your sentence, including any probation or parole. You will have to re-register to vote once your sentence is complete, per K.S.A. 22-3722.