Our Election Protection team has heard from people in various counties that they requested an advanced mail-in ballot, but never received it – either because it was lost in the mail, or because they requested a ballot for a political party, and their voter registration does not match that political party (they are either unaffiliated, or they are registered with another political party). 

Here are steps you can take to ensure you can still cast your ballot in the August 2, 2022 election.

1.    Check the status of your registration and your advanced mail ballot at 
https://myvoteinfo.voteks.org/VoterView. You will need to enter your name and birthdate, then enter your birthdate again. The status of your advanced mail ballot will be at the top of the page.

2.    If your advanced mail ballot was never sent: you can still vote in person during early voting, or on Election Day.

3.    If your advanced mail ballot was sent, but you did not receive it: contact your local election official. You may be able to get a replacement ballot. You can also vote provisionally, in person, during early voting or on Election Day.

If your application for an advanced mail ballot was rejected because you applied for a ballot for a party with which you are not registered, you still have a right to vote. Elections officials should have mailed you an advanced ballot for the party with whom you are registered (or, in the case of unaffiliated voters, the election official should have sent you a ballot with just the constitutional amendment question on it). Some of these replacement advanced mail ballots did not get mailed out until Friday, July 29. If you receive your ballot in the mail on or before Election Day, you can fill it out and take it to a polling place or a drop box.

If you are still able to vote in person, either during early voting hours or on Election Day, we suggest you do so. When you go to vote in person, you can:

1.    Vote the partisan ballot for the party with which you are affiliated. If you are registered as an unaffiliated voter, you can cast a vote in person on the constitutional amendment question only. 

2.    Sign an application and statement demonstrating your intent to change your political affiliation, and then you can vote the partisan ballot for the new party with which you would like to affiliate.

If you have not received your advanced mail ballot by Monday, August 1, 2022, and you are unable to vote in person, please contact your election official.


If you are prevented from voting for any reason, please call 
866-OUR-VOTE and report the issue so we can follow up.