On October 16, 2018, the ACLU of Kansas issued a follow-up letter to Ford County Clerk Debbie Cox. The letter comes after an October 3 letter to Ms. Cox and her cancellation of a telephone call scheduled for October 5 and unwillingness to reschedule. Following the first letter from the ACLU of Kansas, Ms. Cox did not respond but did begin to reach out to some media outlets to publicize the change in polling location and to offer free busing for voters to the new polling location upon request.
In the second, October 16 letter, the ACLU of Kansas strongly urges Ms. Cox take the following steps to remedy the polling location concerns of Ford County and especially Dodge City:
- ACLU: DODGE CITY POLLING SITE LIMITS VOTER ACCESS
- ACLU concerned with voter rights in Dodge City; Kobach’s office says no problem exists
- Iconic Dodge City moves its only polling place outside town
- ACLU: Dodge City polling site limits voter access
- ACLU, SOS office at odds on access to polls
- ACLU Objects to Single Dodge City Polling Location