There are many ways to help us fight for justice. Click on each link to learn more.
- Give online using a credit card– the easiest and fastest way to give!
- Mail a check –Address checks to “ACLU Foundation of Kansas” and mail to: PO Box 917, Mission, KS 66201.
- Donate stock – The ACLU Foundation of Kansas will happily accept gifts of stock or other securities such as bonds or mutual funds. To initiate a transfer, please contact our Donor Services team at [email protected] or 913-490-4103 for brokerage account information.
- Use your IRA distribution – Qualified Charitable Distributions from Individual Retirement Accounts have become an increasingly popular way to give. These are tax-free withdrawals which can be counted toward your Required Minimum Distribution!
Donate an automobile – Did you know your old car, truck, or SUV can also be used as a vehicle for giving? CARS will process vehicle donations on behalf of the ACLU of Kansas, facilitating pick-up, storage and sale.
It depends on whether you make your gift to the ACLU of Kansas or the ACLU Foundation of Kansas. Here’s the difference:
- The ACLU Foundation of Kansas is a 501(c)3 organization under IRS code (tax deductible to the extent allowed by law). Gifts to the ACLU Foundation of Kansas advance our extensive litigation, communications and public education efforts. While a contribution to the Foundation won’t renew your ACLU membership, this support is critical in leading the fight for equality and freedom.
- The ACLU of Kansas is a 501(c)4 organization under the IRS code (not tax-deductible). Gifts to the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of Kansas allow us the greatest flexibility in our work, enabling us to advocate and lobby at the state and local level to advance civil liberties. When you make a contribution to the Union, you become a “card-carrying” member of the ACLU. These gifts are not tax-deductible.
Almost all gifts are shared between the ACLU of Kansas and the national organization– no matter where you send them. Ultimately, the decision is yours – and your gift will make an equal impact regardless of deposit site. That being said, we at the ACLU of Kansas love to get to know our members and donors and keep you up-to-date about work happening in Kansas. Sending your gift to Kansas is one way to help us do that.
The one exception is membership renewals. Please send those directly to the ACLU national office – this makes you a member both nationally and locally! Their address is:
ACLU Membership Department
125 Broad St., 18th floor
New York, NY 10004
Please make your gift online here, or mail a check to the ACLU Foundation of Kansas at P.O. Box 917, Mission, KS 66201. Please include the name of the person being honored or memorialized and any special message you would like us to include. Let us know if you would like us to time when we notify the recipient based on a special occasion. In the case of a memorial gift, please include the names and addresses of any family members you would like to be notified of the gift. We never include the amount of the gift—only the fact that the gift was made and any message you would like to include.