Para Español, apaga aqui.

Sign up for Restore My Vote in Sedgwick County.

In Kansas, when people are convicted of a felony, they lose the ability to vote—this is called "felony disenfranchisement." What many people don't know is that once you've completed your sentence (including any term of supervised release), you can vote.

Democracy is the tool we use to hold those in power accountable. System-impacted Kansans have first-hand experience with our state's policies, and their voice is vital in our decision-making process. For many of us, voting after incarceration can be a true second chance. We need to ensure every eligible voter has the tools to be an active part of their community and make their voice heard.

Felony disenfranchisement does more than prevent Kansans from voting during their sentence – it also creates confusion and obstacles to vote again.
mytubethumb play
This embed will serve content from Privacy info.

Click here to volunteer with the Voter Restoration Project

If you have completed your sentence, including probation and parole, you can register to vote. This means you've completed any incarceration, probation, or parole and have been officially discharged. However, this does not include registration as an offender under KORA -- being required to register under KORA does not disqualify you from registering to vote. 

You can also help spread the word and educate our community about their rights.

Use the resources below to help re-register to vote and make your voice heard.

Learn more with our Know Your Voting Rights with a Criminal Record Guide, including what to do if you are eligible to vote but your registration is rejected:  

Check out our general Know Your Voting Rights Guide:

And register to vote or check your voter registration status online here: