A broad-based coalition has called on the Unified Government to act now to make Wyandotte County a safer and more welcoming place.
To read the letter signed by the coalition and the additional supporters of a municipal ID ordinance urging the Mayor and Commissioners to act, click here. To learn about the campaign for Safe & Welcoming Kansas, click here.
The Safe & Welcoming Wyandotte Coalition:
- ACLU of Kansas
- Advocates for Immigrant Rights & Reconciliation (AIRR)
- Amnesty International - Kansas City Chapter (Local #115)
- Central Avenue Betterment Association
- Communities Creating Opportunity
- Community Health Council of Wyandotte County
- Cross Border Network Cross-Lines Community Outreach
- El Centro, Inc.
- Grandview Park Presbyterian Church
- Immigrant Justice Advocacy Movement (IJAM)
- Indivisible KC
- Kansas Appleseed
- Kansas City Kansas NAACP
- Kansas/Missouri Dream Alliance
- MainStream Coalition
- Sister Therese Bangert
- Vibrant Health Wyandotte
Additional Supporters for a Safe and Welcoming Wyandotte:
- Bethel Neighborhood Center Board of Directors
- Better Together, Inc.
- Cross-Lines Community Outreach, Inc.
- Historic Northeast Midtown Association
- Kansas Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers
- Latino Arts Foundation
- Metropolitan Organization to Counter Sexual Assault (MOCSA)
- Project Rally
- Rosedale Development Association
- Sunflower House
- University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC)